R.J. Huneke is a proud neurodivergent writer. At age nineteen, he traveled across the country from New York to California in a dilapidated van with no brakes or heat . . . in the winter. And it was there that he began to write his first novel.
R.J. graduated cum laude from Stony Brook University, with a B.A. for English Literature & Writing with honors. He lives in New York.
Want more background info, Eager Readers?
The world started to become clear for R.J. at the age of four, when a reprint of Amazing Spider-man #1, found in a cereal box, introduced R.J. to reading, to art, and to drawing. Writing and drawing comic books quickly became a favorite pastime, and writing would never leave him from that point on.
R.J. continues to master his craft while endeavoring in photography, film, comic books, non-fiction, poetry, music, woodworking, and other art forms. A former columnist for Newsday, he continues to write regular columns about technology, robotics, books, and popular culture. His publications to date, both online and in print, include his own fiction review magazine that he founded and writes for, TheForgottenFiction.com, and work for Newsday, Gadizmo, New York Wine Events, My Consumer Electronics, SciFiNow, The Apple Gazette, Examiner.com, and many more.
Some of his upcoming creative projects involve speculative fiction thriller novels, graphic novels, and a children’s book.
R.J. Huneke’s publications span more than twenty years, and his first novel for a major publisher, Cyberwar, debuted from world renowned publisher Lantia LLC on May 5, 2015. R.J. was given a choice of book deals, and he decided to headline Lantia’s newest imprint, Pentian. You can find Cyberwar in bookstores or online here.
- Author Interviews for TFF: R.J. Huneke speaks to Kat Howard, Josh Malerman, Mark Molnar, and Richard Chizmar | 2022-2023
- Publishing Perspectives: “R.J. Huneke: Describing the Pentian Experience” | August 25, 2014
- Examiner: “Pentian’s Launch Turns The Publishing Industry On Its Head: Exclusive Interview” | May 31, 2014
- WN.com: R.J. Huneke’s ‘Cyberwar’ pique’s studio interest for optioning film rights
- Comic Bastards: “Review: Blackwood State – Tales of Englishness #0” | October 23, 2014
- World News: Pentian’s new approach to handing over books will revolutionize the best way people read
- The Writer’s Corner Radio Show 90.1 FM WUSB: “R.J. Huneke Discusses Cyberwar” | March 27, 2015 | May 1, 2015
- Revolution Sci-Fi: Review of novel CYBERWAR: “Real stakes and emotionally true reactions are the keys here…the emotions and the drama of this story will stay with readers for awhile.”
- Niipy: Cinco de Mayo Cyberwar Reading and Signing at the Book Revue at 313 New York Avenue, Huntington, NY
- Book Revue: Author R.J. Huneke will speak and sign his novel, CyberWar | May 5, 2015
- Book Expo of America: Get Discovered By the Right Readers! Tools & Marketing Mania panel with Enrique Parilla, CEO of Pentian using Cyberwar as example of a successful marketing campaign | May 30, 2015
- The Riverhead Patch: The Writers’ Confidential program at Riverhead Free Library | November 4, 2015
- Adrian Has Issues: Episode 36: Rise Of The Cyber Warrior [podcast interview] | December 18, 2015